Show HN: PolyRoll – A 3D Marble Game for Mobile/Desktop Inspired by games like "super monkey ball" and good 'ol "marble blast".. PolyRoll is basically their evil clone.. Uses a combo of "three.js" and "cannon-es" ---------
Backstory:
--------- 3 months ago I stopped at my buddy's house.. he showed me his Claude-code setup.. I had never tried agentic coding so I figured, why not try to make a game? After some brainstorming and developing a plan with gemini-pro, we set sonnet off on his merry way and went for a swim... About an hour or two later we had a working game (though it was't great, buggy)... After some more prompts to kill the bugs, tweak the play-feel and camera physics- we did some mobile optimizations, added the animations, and designed a d-pad by sending sonnet a photo mockup of the custom buttons we wanted... For a game made in the span of about 6-8 hours total, it's not bad! Quite difficult/ frustrating at times though.. Some levels get glitchy, and we left it kinda messy/low-poly on purpose! I don't think my friend has much interest in developing the game further, and I don't have Claude-code, so I figured why not post the game here now so others may enjoy... ----
NOTE:
---- The levels are entirely procedurally generated, no two levels are ever the same... If you get stuck on a level just reload, you may get easier levels at the expense of starting the game over at level 1 (sorry no saves).. technically infinite, but the levels get very difficult! Good luck have fun! https://ift.tt/SE7FPau October 6, 2026 at 03:41AM
Tags
Hacker News